For the past few years, I’ve been working hard at securing a steady income (along with the education required) and building a strong client base for our business. It’s been long and grueling at times, but it’s finally paid off! I’m happy to say that our income has increased by 42% over the past year.
Long hours, dedication and perseverance were the key to getting there.
With that pay increase, it looks like we might actually be able to save close to 34% of our income by the end of summer, once all of our debt repayment goals are met. Of course, it hasn’t been easy.
In order to get to this point we had to:
- Put our nose to the grind stone. Worked more than eight hours a day, five days a week or more (we’d usually spend fewer hours working on the weekends for some down time).
- We stream-lined our tasks and became more efficient at what we do.
- Said no to any job that was not worth the headache. The truth is, sometimes you just can’t take on all the work, especially if the job is going to cause more trouble than the time it’s worth.
- Got right to work instead of finding excuses to do something other than that task at hand. It’s easy to get distracted and off task.
- Enjoyed what we do. This wouldn’t have been possible if I didn’t truly enjoy what I do.
- Keep at it. Now that we’ve boosted our income, I have to continue with a similar routine – get up early, get right to work, prioritize my tasks, and turn down jobs that aren’t worth the time.
It’s not a walk in the park and no one can call me lazy, but it’s definitely paid off financially. I also feel satisfied with what I’m accomplishing on a day-to-day basis.
Perhaps someday I’ll burn out and throw in the towel, searching for a simpler life, but for now I enjoy the pedal-to-the-metal experience.
Do you feel like you’ve been working towards a goal that has finally paid off?