I’ve been especially busy this semester and just haven’t really been able to post all of our house updates recently (we also got a kitten a few weeks ago that has been monopolizing our time). But here’s a few things we’ve accomplished around our manufactured home over the past two months:
- Created a privacy curtain for our front door, which is mostly glass panels. We selected fabric from Joann’s and had an alterator sew loops on the top and bottom for the rods.
- Finished landscaping the front two sections of our yard. We opted for rubber mulch in some sections instead of going with all rock.
- Continued to work on the backyard landscaping. We added a grass section, but it’s coming in very slowly.
The things that are still in progress around here:
- Landscaping: never ending it seems. I think it’s because we’re doing it ourselves and are very particular about the way we want it to look. Next up on our list is to create two side planters with Horsetail grass in them to create a the look of a natural gate on either side of the house. We also have to hardscape one side of our house near the driveway. We decided we didn’t want any plants that required watering over in that area because it’s just too hard to get water over there. But before we can do that, I have to rip out some grass that we originally planted over there. Let me just say that Creeping Red Fescue is hard to get rid of once it’s planted.
- The back patio: We really want to get our patio figured out this summer so that we can host outdoor parties. We have an idea of what we want, but it’s not cheap. We’re looking at a few furniture options and a grill. We also want to add another section of concrete. Realistically, the back patio will most likely take many months to complete.
- A back wall: We’ve gone back and forth about whether we want a wall in the back yard. Our patio butts up against a mountain and is really beautiful. However, we’ve had some erosion control issues and have seen lots of coyotes roaming within a few feet of our patio. Ultimately, we think a 2-3 foot wall is in the future.
- The guest room: The room needs a coat of paint to match the guest bathroom that we also want to paint, and then furniture. We’re not in a hurry with this project, but it’s on our “to do” list.
I’ll soon post some more photos of the back and side yards as we continue working on them.
Kitten that’s sidetracking me: