I’m engrossed in little house plans and have done extensive research in my quest for the perfect little house. Though I’ve found lots of options for small and tiny house plans, Tumbleweed Tiny House Company is still one of my favorites. Many of their homes can be built on a trailer and offer excellent space utilization. They also have small, stationery homes as well that require a foundation. Now, fitting a family of 4 into one of these homes may be a stretch. Their homes are meant to comfortably fit one to two people; say a single person or empty-nesters who are ready to downsize and be more mobile. I also just wrote a post about how inflation over 40-years has really modified the “American Dream” and maybe it’s time to think outside the suburban track-home. 😉
For those ready to make a move and go small, Tumbleweed is having a sale on one of their tiny house plans, the Popomo, until the end of this month. This mobile style home appears to be one of their easier to build homes. It’s basic structure is a rectangle and estimated cost to build is $20,000. This home is also one they have actual photos of inside and out. By the looks of it, it’s quite modern and can easily be pulled by a full-size truck. Ready to make your move?
Now, for some weekly reads:
- Money Beagle shares his debt perspective over the past four-years. He’s been doing a terrific job paying off their student loans.
- Bucksome Boomer with Should Retirement Include Living Apart from Spouse? I can’t imagine living apart from my husband, but the couples discussed in this post had very different views of retirement. For some, this works, but I can see where it wouldn’t work for all. Interesting topic.
- The Squirrelers with Gift Cards: Hurry up and Use Them! Not all gift cards are created equal. Some expire, some stores close, and sometimes the vendor who sells the gift card has no affiliation with the gift card store. Beware gift card users!
- Mighty Bargain Hunter with Netflix is still Cheap! I agree. Even with their price increase and change in plans I’m still a Netflix subscriber and have been for years. I’m not going anywhere anytime soon.
- Mom’s Plans with I Closed My eBay Store. Melissa’s been working on decreasing her inventory and closing out that store and she finally did it.