I’ll make this short since it’s a gloomy Sunday morning and I’m cranky!
- The Yakezie Personal Finance Bloggers group is hosting its second Yakezie Scholarship. The first one was an enormous success and we’re predicting this one will be as well. Applicants can be college students or high school students.
- The Saved Quarter launched her Saved Quarter Challenge this week.
- Two new personal finance carnivals were launched: Crystal with Budgeting in the Fun Stuff launched the Total Money Blog Carnival and Suba with Wealthinformatics launched Seasonal Finance.
Progress on my New Year’s goals so far – just because I’ve made some progress!:
- Starbucks finite amount – I’m doing great with this. I’ve loaded my Starbucks card, but cut back on my visits more than I had planned. I’m guessing that I’ll have some money left over next month when I fill the card again. 🙂
- Cash envelope system – This is so not working for me. I’m having trouble keeping track of the 3 envelopes I started, I forget to take the cash with me, or I’m moving the cash around the envelopes and therefore can’t keep track of exactly where I spent it. I think I’m going to try one cash envelope for now, but I really am not good with cash.
- Savings goal – I’m doing great with this one; already put aside a nice little sum. However, the holidays helped with this goal since I did receive cash gifts. I can count that, right? I also created a spread sheet in excel to help me track my savings throughout my 3 savings accounts so I don’t get confused. It’s a great little worksheet that’s easy to manipulate.
- Biking goal – I really didn’t discuss this in any of my New Year goals posts, but I did stick a widget on the side bar to track my riding. I’m doing okay with this one, already rode 15 miles this past week. I need to crank it up a bit, but that will most likely happen towards the end of February when it begins to warm up.
That’s it for now. I’ll be posting more follow ups on my goals shortly!